Liza Minelli on Lady Gaga!

Liza Minelli on her Daily Mail interview didn't speak about herself but delivered a bevy of opinions about others.




fp_5073180_sex_city_premiere_ram_73_88

Concerning Lady Gaga she said: " I love Lady Gaga. Not long ago, I went to see her show, she says. 

“Someone came up to me at the end and asked if I’d come backstage. Lady Gaga wanted to meet me. There she was, her hair normal, no weird costume.

 
Just a simple dressing gown. She looked like a nice kid. She said: “You’re my favourite. You’re my hero.” There were photographers who wanted a picture of us together so she turned towards them and opened the front of her dressing gown. I immediately closed it.

 

I laughed. She’s into the Madonna thing: shock value. And it works. But the girl has a big talent. Gaga and Madonna have realised the value of shock. But why not?


 
You need to do anything you can in this business to get noticed. And they’ve both done it brilliantly. In a way, I started that with the Sally Bowles look, the cropped black hair, the lashes. It was a look that became important. It went round the world."

Comments

Popular Posts