Brooke Shields Quotes

1. Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.





2. Don't waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door.

3. My father's death, my move, and my frightening and difficult delivery created a tremendous amount of stress, pain, and sadness for me. I was practically devastated beyond recovery.


4. The difficulty of IVF or of any fertility issues is the hope and the shattered hope, the dream that it might happen this time and then it doesn't happen.




5. At Princeton I gained a great deal of pleasure from success in my classes. knowing that I could accomplish those things, and I realized that my success was directly proportionate to the work I put in.


6. Eight shows a week is daunting, and it can be terrifying. But it just instills such a sense of confidence and growth.


7. Have faith in your own thoughts.

8. I have a place in the Broadway community that can only be earned.

9. I could never, ever have an abortion.


10. I hope this will help new moms not feel alone or desperate, and that there is no shame in their feelings. PPD is out of their control, but the treatment and healing process is not.




11. I'm just starting to realize the type of work that I want to do. Not everyone can fit into the sitcom world because it's so fast-paced, but it feels comfortable to me.

12. I think I'm going to have to live vicariously through my daughter's rebellion because I certainly never did go through adolescence.


13. Modeling is the world that I feel most welcome in.






14. My younger years of modeling were really just filled with fun trips. I was doing catalogues for Alexander's and Bloomingdale's.

15. It was my mom and I against the world. We lived in New York in this bohemian lifestyle where an extended group of artists and photographers were like my aunts and uncles.


16. "Suddenly Susan" is my life.

17. The most rewarding thing is being on Broadway. I went into Cabaret as a replacement and was really challenged beyond anything I could have imagined.

18. The thing I'm the most proud of in my personal life is that my daughter actually thinks that I'm fabulous.

19. The thing about Broadway, they always welcome you with open arms.


20. The very damaging, frightening part of postpartum is the lack of perspective and the lack of priority and understanding what is really important.



21. Too many people use abortion as a form of birth control. And that's very wrong. I could never, ever have an abortion.

22. What does good in bed mean to me? When I'm sick and I stay home from school propped up with lots of pillows watching TV and my mom brings me soup - that's good in bed.


23. You don't necessarily have to be in misery to be talented.








24. If my jeans could talk, would I be embarrassed?

25. Rigorous, published, peer-reviewed research clearly demonstrates that treatment works. Medications can be an important and even life-saving part of a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan.


26. Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression.


27. My responsibility is not to say "do exactly what I've done." It's just to say this is what I did.

28. I have now appeared on Broadway four times and would not have been able to do it without the center. I learned how to dance there.

29. Yeah, rumor has it. Again, I was pretty distracted.


30. You know, the irony is perfect. The world works in an interesting way, but we (were) both pretty busy that day.






31. I'm so naive about finances. Once when my mother mentioned an amount and I realized I didn't understand, she had to explain: "That's like three Mercedes." Then I understood. (1981)


32. I'm always amazed when people assume things about me - that foul language must upset me, or someone's being gay must upset me. They think: "O-o-oh, she's the most celebrated virgin." And really, I was surrounded by such an eclectic group of people my whole life.
(2000)

33. People think of me as a mannequin, all show and no substance.

34. After 9/11, I am proud to live downtown. There's something slightly defiant about living down here. (2004)


35. Honesty is the quality I value most in a friend. Not bluntness, but honesty with compassion. (2005)






36. I've never found therapy to be a sign of weakness; I've found the opposite to be true. The willingness to have a mirror held up to you definitely requires strength. (2005)

37. Princeton gave me something that can never be taken away from me. It taught me how to think.


38. Tom Cruise's comments are irresponsible and dangerous. Tom should stick to saving the world from aliens and let women who are experiencing postpartum depression decide what treatment options are best for them. (On the May 26th, 2005 edition of "Access Hollywood" (1996), Tom Cruise criticized her career and her "misguided" use of the "dangerous" anti-depressant, Paxil, to treat her postpartum depression. He also said that the best treatment option for women experiencing postpartum depression is vitamins.)

39. I'm not enamored by fame. I don't covet it, the way someone who's anonymous wants it, and then their life changes. This has always been my life. You don't romanticize it when you've seen the underbelly of it, when you've seen rejection, the games, the way self-esteem is challenged and threatened. It's an industry that's predicated on knocking people down. Only the strong survive. (2007)

40. Being nice to everybody, saying hello to everyone in the room, signing every autograph; it was instilled in me at a very young age that this was what I was suppose to do. But I don't think it helps at all. I see more people who are rude or arrogant being rewarded - but, this way, I can put my head on the pillow at night. I can look at my child and know that, to my daughter: "I'm the best example I can possibly be". (2005)

41. I've never been naturally fashion conscious. I'm the kind of person who sees a whole outfit in a magazine, runs out and buys it but looks like a clown. I'm not like Gwyneth and all those fashion-savvy girls, although someone told me they all have stylists. (2005)


42. I think I would have had sex a lot earlier! I think I would have lost my virginity earlier than I did at 22. I had the public and all this pressure, and I wish I had just gotten it over with in the beginning when it was sort of OK. I think I would have been much more in touch with myself. I think I wouldn’t have had issues with weight - I carried this protective 20 pounds (in college). It was all connected. And to me, that’s a health regret. (Health magazine)


What do you think of Brooke Shields quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts