Sally Field Plastic Surgery

Many people wonder how Sally Field looks so amazing at her age. Did she have plastic surgery or is she 100% natural?




Sally Field, 65, admits she is not pleased with her changing appearance as she ages and feels that her actor’s ego is unduly affected by competition as she competes for roles.


In 2008 Sally Field told "Ladies Home Journal" magazine for their May issue that she is thinking of plastic surgery:

"I think about it all the time because I see friends who’ve done it and they look great and younger. I have an ego but it’s an actor’s ego more than a woman’s ego. It’s about roles."


It appears though that in 2009 Field has changed her mind...

Field revealed to "Good Housekeeping" magazine she is not going to have a plastic surgeon sculpt her into a younger version of herself. 


It has to be noted that Jane Fonda announced that she and Field had agreed not to have plastic surgery. (In Fonda's case not another plastic surgery...)


"You know what?" Field claimed, smiling at her friend's statement. "I don't think Jane and I ever made that pact. But I have such faith in her, if she says we did" - she shrugs - "OK."


"I see myself on TV and I say: "Oh, I wish that weren't happening to my neck. And your face is falling down, and your eyes are so puffy," Field was quoted as saying. "But then I see some of the women (who have had plastic surgery) who I thought when they were younger were so beautiful. Now I think: "Oh dear, don't do that!" And it seems so terribly disrespectful to who they are now."

"I don't want to look old and worn, but what can you do? My real focus is being an actor. I care more about having the opportunity to play roles that I haven't played than I care if my neck looks like someone's bedroom curtains" Field continued.


Field referred to Helen Hayes and Jessica Tandy's gracious aging on-screen. "They were so beautiful in their 60s and 70s and 80s," Field admitted. "There are roles I want to do when I'm an old woman, and I don't want to look like a weird old woman. You know: "What is the matter with her mouth?"" Field joked.



On the other hand,  plastic surgeons have some recommendations for Sally (if she changes her mind) in order to stay in the running for good movie roles. The options are the following:


1. A new generation of laser treatments that can rejuvenate her face, eyelids, neck and chest.

2. Botox to raise her eyebrows and reduce wrinkles.


3. Dermal filler to plump up her smile lines.


4. An upper-eyelid lift.


5. A mini facelift to tighten the skin at her jaw line and neck.

It has to be mentioned that there are some plastic surgeons who insist that Sally Field had her her own plastic surgery past and she has already gone under the knife at least one or more times.


Some plastic surgeons beleive that for her age, Field's neck line is remarkably youthful without the typical sagging skin and turkey neck that forms by this age. Additionally, Sally Field’s jawline is quite tight and has no excess droopy skin or loose muscles around the jaw. Furthermore, Sally’s eyes look unusually refreshed and open, and while there are some crow’s feet and some bags under the eyes, her top eyelid is not hanging over and neither lid is particularly heavy from any skin sagging. As a result, it is quite possible that Sally Field had some plastic surgery procedures done gradually throughout the years, including a facelift and a necklift, as well as maybe a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery). 


It is also likely that Sally’s youthful skin complexion has been aided by laser skin treatments such as laser skin resurfacing, Fraxel, or Thermage and dermal injections like Botox, Restylane, and Juvderm. The results though are natural.
 
What do you think about Sally Field? Did she have plastic surgery?

Photo credit: Getty Images

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts