Whoopi Goldberg Quotes

1. Normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine.








2. I don't have pet peeves; I have whole kennels of irritation.

3. It bums me out tremendously what the church has become, and if it's got me bummed, imagine what Jesus Christ must be feeling.


4. I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities.


5. You've got to vote for someone. It's a shame, but it's got to be done.

6. I don't really view communism as a bad thing.

7. For some reason, all artists have self-esteem issues.

8. Things happen to you out of luck, and if you get to stick around it's because you're talented.


9. And I don't believe that I have to stay on one side of the fence or the other. I don't believe that there is any good career move or bad career move. I believe there are only the things that make me happy.

10. An actress can only play a woman. I'm an actor, I can play anything.

11. It's being willing to walk away that gives you strength and power - if you're willing to accept the consequences of doing what you want to do.


12. Actors have no color. That's the art form.




13. I am an artist, art has no color and no sex.




14. Born ham, that's basically me.

15. I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That's exactly what I've done.


16. I grew up in a time when it would never have occurred to anyone to tell me there was anything I couldn't do.

17. I don't look like Halle Berry. But chances are she's going to end up looking like me.

18. I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to be.

19. I want Carl Sagan to explain the sky to me.


20. I'm a big old egotistical baby and that's okay. I can accept it.




21. I'm as American as Chevrolet.

22. I think the idea that you know who your inner self is on a daily basis, because...you know. What's good for you 25 years ago may not be good for you now. So, to keep in touch with that, I think that's the first ingredient for success. Because if you're a successful human being, everything else is gravy, I think.


23. I'm fighting the label of "Black" actress simply because it's very limiting in people's eyes, especially people who are making movies.

24. If every American donated five hours a week, it would equal the labor of 20 million full-time volunteers.

25. Just call me black, if you want to call me anything.

26. Most of all, I dislike this idea nowadays that if you're a black person in America, then you must be called African-American. Listen, I've visited Africa, and I've got news for everyone: I'm not an African.


27. My family is Jewish, Buddhist, Baptist and Catholic. I don't believe in man-made religions.

28. Normal is in the eye of the beholder.

29. That's the thing about Mother Nature, she really doesn't care what economic bracket you're in.


30. Sitting at the table during Color Purple and looking up and suddenly realizing I was acting in front of Steven Spielberg, was pretty cool. It was pretty good.

31. The art of acting is to be other than what you are.

32. The Africans know I'm not an African. I'm an American.


33. We're born with success. It is only others who point out our failures, and what they attribute to us as failure.





34. When I listen to these women, it makes what I thought were my hard knocks feel like little nudges.

35. When I started, I knew I didn't fit any visual that anyone was going to lie down and take their clothes off about. Work doesn't come to me; I go out and look for it.


36. When I was doing ensemble theater and comedy work, I felt I had some talents. But when I started doing my shows in Berkeley and found that I could be funny on my own, I was shocked.





37. You know, be an actor because you love to act. Don't be an actor because you think you're going to get famous, because that's luck.


38. When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.

39. It feels like politics today is not about what's best for the people. Politics today seems to be about my side shoulda won - and we're going to do everything we can to make you look bad. And wow, do they ever.

40. Women all understand that if you disagree with someone it doesn't have anything to do with them personally. It's their idea that you're disagreeing with. So you can actually still remain friends with people you don't ideologically see eye to eye with and I find it shocking that people think this is such a surprise. Do they think women are so dumb that they don't know how to be friends cause they disagree? Only guys can't be friends when they disagree.


41. Acting is my life's blood. I'd be in an institution if I weren't in the arts.

42. I think people are looking for something different than what we've had. Even people who were staunch supporters of President Bush they don't even mention his name anymore. You know people are mad at you when they don't even mention your name.

43. Once, when you heard a politician say it was time to roll up our sleeves, it meant to get down to business. Now it's for the fight. What the hell is going on? Senators flipping people off. Congressmen heckling the President, shouting that he lies. Political negativity has become toxic.


44. You don't mind getting mugged in a bad neighborhood, all they get is your wallet; but don't go anywhere near Wall Street - they rob you of your life-savings and your future.



45. We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.

46. What I am is a humanist before anything - before I'm a Jew, before I'm black, before I'm a woman. And my beliefs are for the human race - they don't exclude anyone.


47. I told her I would play a Venetian blind, dirt on the floor, anything.

48. I don't like driving very much. That makes me very unhappy, because I scream a lot in the car, but other than that, life is actually pretty good.

49. (Walker) told black women that they don't have to be less than they are capable of being. I try to uphold that standard.


50. You look at the "Wizard of Oz" and you see things flying up in the air…this is where everything goes that didn't land.





51. Good evening, loyal subjects. I am the African queen. Some of you may know me as the virgin queen, but I can't imagine who.

52. There's no better place in the world for meat, conversation and good old-fashioned friendship.


53. But (I) knew really from the first minute I met (Bloomberg) that I was going to try to make sure he stayed mayor.






54. I haven't done it for awhile but I love it. It is, after all, the Oscars of kids' programming.

55. Most people still have this idea that if you're doing what is considered a sport you don't get to be a girl. You get to be a tomboy, which is one of those words that I actually hate.


56. Sometimes I wish that I could run as fast as they do and do just 90 percent of the things I see those folks doing. I would have loved to have learned how to be a really good soccer player because I really like soccer.





57. We had some cute stuff to say, but you all don't care about that.

58. Taking action is hard, but know what? Enduring a bad situation can be its own hell.


59. I would love to teach every kid to say "f..." Hang on, now, hang on, listen to why. The reason is because to me, that is a word that doesn't have any effect. But "stupid" and "dummy"? You can say it to someone who is six and you can say it to someone who is a hundred and six and they will hunch their shoulders and it will be like somebody kicked them in the stomach because they are harsh, ugly words.

60. Remember what the fashion big mouths were saying about Jessica Simpson? Looking at her magazine pictures, sucking their teeth, going: "Oh, look at her in her "mom jeans."" Know what? That is an unnecessarily cheap shot at her and kinda lousy to moms at the same time. Who the hell are they to say that? What gratification does it give them to be mean at someone's expense? People made nasty comments like that about President Obama. They made an issue of his jeans when he threw out the first ball at the All-Star game in St. Louis. Why? Who was he bothering? Come on. The tabloids, celebrity mags, and TV entertainment shows do fashion critiques all the time. But it's not about fashion, it's about trashin'. Their specialty is "Celebrity Cellulite!" - running unflattering pictures of stars at the beach and saying who should give up the bikini and go for the one-piece. And this is acceptable? This is a mark of journalism in a civil society, to take ambush pictures of people at the beach? And if the camera was turned around and pointed the other way, what would that look like?


61. I don't want anyone killing me with their car. Is that too much to ask? No, it's not. Then why are so many people trying to send me to my early reward with their vehicles? Truly. I can't believe some of the stunts I see pulled out there on the road. I have to say the worst behavior you see from people is when they get a steering wheel in their hands. To the point that I believe that your car is like a brain scan of your personality. If you are a polite person or just a normal, considerate, going-along-and-along-in-life person, that's pretty evident. You get a smile and a nod from me at the next stoplight. If you are easily distracted, clumsy, or kind of off in the ozone, we're going to see that too. Please try to keep it off the sidewalk. And if you are a jackass? Well, trust me, we know. We all know. And the way you carry on, we get plenty of opportunities to comfirm that. Do you think that when you get inside your car and close the door you become magically invisible? You do not. Not even with those tinted windows you think look so cool. We can see you. And it ain't pretty.



What do you think of Whoopi Goldberg's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts