Linda Ronstadt Quotes

1. I don't mind talking, but I don't like traveling. I traveled all over the world happily and never complained, but when your health is the way mine is right now, I travel like a crate of eggs without the crate. It's hard, and I need a wheelchair, so I can't do it anymore.


2. I've been on the road since I was 17…and I'm 52. It's enough already.


3. I'm amazed that I wrote one book, and annoyed that now I have to go out and promote it!

4. I don't think you can look for love. All you can do is get yourself in a situation where you don't discourage something that may be rather nice.


5. (Working with such a wide array of artists also) made my singing better…I needed to be with musicians to reinforce me.




6. There are people I care about passionately, but I don't wish I still lived with them, or that I'd married them. Otherwise, I wouldn't have left, you know? I just wasn't the marrying kind.

7. I wish I had as much in bed as I get in the newspapers.


8. The essential elements of singing are voice, musicianship and story. It is the rare artist that has all three in abundance.


9. I have to walk a really long way, I'm exhausted at the end of it. I resisted using any kind of sticks to help me walk, but I don't resist it anymore. It's helpful, and I'm grateful.


10. The thing you have to be prepared for is that other people don't always dream your dream.






11. Being an entertainer, especially in times like these, is really a public service.


12. In the United States, we spend millions of dollars on sports because it promotes teamwork, discipline, and the experience of learning to make great progress in small increments. Learning to play music does all this and more.




13. American radio from the '30s through the '60s was just fabulous. There was such a diversity.


14. You have to erect a fence and say: "Okay, scale this."


15. (on Parkinson's disease) I can't sing a note.

16. It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know.


17. We were raised with the idea that we had limitless chances and we got very shocked to learn that wasn't the case.

18. We're going to cover about 80 percent of the 20th Century.

19. I have a serious case of being 66 years old and am completely retired from singing. Of course, one is always pleased to be asked, so tell them I said thank you.


20. The constant fear of a performer is to become what is reflected back at you.








21. Cocaine made people deaf, it made people dead and it made people real obnoxious.


22. I'd never written anything longer than a thank-you note before. I never kept a diary or a journal. But I'm a reader, and I can put a coherent sentence together, so I thought I could make it honest and clear.


23. As I wrote in the book, you always learn more from failure than success. I really believe that. I think adversity is a great teacher.


24. My father was quite robust until he died (at 84). My grandmother was 96 when she died. She was doing fine. My mother didn't fare quite as well, but she died pretty fast once she got sick. I didn't see people in a decrepit state. So it's a little shocking to me. I used to feel kind of impatient with people who couldn't do things fast, or couldn't remember stuff. Now I have tremendous sympathy for them. I'm still walking and talking, but I walk really slowly.


What do you think of Linda Ronstadt's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts