Erik Sprague Extreme Transformation Into Lizard

Erik Sprague, widely known as "The Lizardman", has taken his body modification to the extreme in order to look like a lizard.  


Sprague, 41, before following his dream as a freak show and sideshow performer, was a Ph.D. candidate at the University at Albany with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Hartwick College in Oneonta, New York. 



In his own words: "I was a national merit scholar finalist, attended Hartwick College (Oneonta, NY) on a full academic scholarship and received a BA with Honors in Philosophy in 1994. In 1996 I began doctoral studies in philosophy at the University at Albany (Albany, NY). I left my doctoral work (ABD) in 1999 in order to pursue career opportunities as a performance artist full time".

After he began his transformation, he lives as an artist and an entertainer. He makes his living performing around the world. His show typically consists of a mix of stand-up, spoken word and sideshow stunts. He is also the front man for the band Lizard Skynard and he hosts the Jägermeister Music Tour, with bands including Disturbed, Slayer, and Slipknot.


His body modifications include the following: sharpened teeth, full-body tattoo of green scales, bifurcated tongue, subdermal implants and recently green-inked lips.



According to rumors, Sprague wished to get a tail transplant, but The Lizardman dismissed the rumor claiming that it would be impossible.


When asked about his body modifications, The Lizardman responded: "I have undergone an estimated 650-700 hours of tattooing. I have had several piercings, of which I currently retain and wear jewelry only in my half-inch diameter septum. Due to a severe reaction I stopped wearing jewelry in my one inch earlobes in February 2009 at which time they were unofficially the strongest pierced lobes in the world having successfully pulled cars on several occasions. As of 2012 I have begun working on building up my ears for lifting and pulling stunts once again. I have had five Teflon horns subdermally implanted above each of my eyes to form horned ridges. Four of my teeth have been filed into sharp fangs. And my tongue has been bifurcated".

As for who performed the modifications, The Lizardman was quoted as saying: "I have recently (2011) begun to have work done by Adam Walsh (Triple Crown, Austin, TX).  Other artists who have worked on me include Mike Tidwell of Dallas, TX and Mad Pup of Plattsburgh, NY. I pierced and stretched my own earlobes. Keith Alexander pierced my septum and then I stretched it. My implants were performed by Steve Haworth of Phoenix, AZ. My teeth were filed by Dr. Harvey Winter in Albany, NY who I was referred to by Dr. Lawrence Busino who split my tongue".

Before becoming The Lizardman, Eric was thinking a lot about his transformation. "At 18 I was so in love with the idea of being fully tattooed. I sketched and made lists of different themes. I thought of a maze at one point and polka dots and I would talk about my ideas with people and gauge reactions. I broke my design into pieces, it all started on my back", Sprague noted.

When it comes to define himself, Eric candidly admits: "I am a professional freak." 



It has to be mentioned that The Lizardman lives in Austin, Texas, with his wife Meghan and their pet ferrets.




What do you think of Erik Sprague's extreme transformation into a lizard?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts