Goldie Hawn Quotes

1. Monogamy is impossible these days for both sexes. I don't know anyone who's faithful or wants to be.


2. I said because when you are with a character, and you love this character, and you're an audience, and you're just - you know, it's great, you're - she can take her to the moon.


3. You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it.

4. There are only three ages for women in Hollywood - Babe, District Attorney and Driving Miss Daisy.

5. Youthfulness is connected to the ability to see things new for the first time. So if your eyes still look at life with wonder, then you will seem young, even though you may not be chronologically young.


6. The smile you give is the smile you get back.








7. We have to embrace obstacles to reach the next stage of joy.

8. Peter Sellers was great to work with. A lovely man. A little bit crazy in that he - you know, as I say, it was hard. It was sort of balancing a very delicate spirit on a needle. You know, because you never know where he was going.


9. Men are much simpler mechanisms than women. Nothing changes them…even when they have a midlife crisis, they do it in a mindless way…That's why I think we should let men go off and have affairs and drive fast cars and dream of being virile - and we should run the world.




10. I was a dancer and I had like really great posture and everything and I used to when I was a little girl in school I wanted like to get down and be cool but, you know, I just wasn't you know. I was always erect and I don't know. I just was not part of that group.


11. And suddenly, I guess, after Oliver was almost two, and I hadn't worked for three years. I thought you know what? Maybe I'm done. Maybe it's over.



12. The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.

13. Life is a dance with the cosmos.


14. If we can just let go and trust that things will work out they way they're supposed to, without trying to control the outcome, then we can begin to enjoy the moment more fully. The joy of the freedom it brings becomes more pleasurable than the experience itself.



15. I was a little nervous when I went on, and I'm a little bit dyslexic, which means I'm not a lot dyslexic. But I do switch words sometimes and numbers sometimes.


16. The biggest lesson we have to give our children is truth.



17. I'll have a lot of wrinkles on my face, but I feel like my heart will be fat and full.



18. And the kids didn't want us to get married either by the way.

19. I've always been a little different anyway. I never quite fit in at least from my own perspective, you know.


20. I wrote the book because I wanted to be able to share some things that I had learned and as pompous as that may sound, as you get to a certain point in life, you figure so what am I doing?

21. I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.

22. If I want to be happy, what's the point of looking at things you can't control?


23. Because I like that I got an ugly girl's personality. In other words, a homely girl always has to develop that muscle. And I did. But the good news is that I never considered myself beautiful at all. And I still don't.

24. If you are here because you want some scandalous tell-all book where I'm talking about other people in the industry, that's not the book I want to write.


25. The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one. But it will only grow in the mud. In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud - the obstacles of life and its suffering…The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share, no matter what our stations in life…Whether we have it all or we have nothing, we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death. If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion, we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one. 

26. In seventh grade I tried to be. I tried to be like a tough girl, you know, and like wear double socks and, you know, like loafers and hang out and wear a lot of eye makeup and stuff but it just, I don't know, I just couldn't ever - I never felt like I fit in. I still don't.

27. So curiosity, I think, is a really important aspect of staying young or youthful.


28. Buddhism is really, one of its main practices is understanding and experiencing compassion, and how that ultimately is a road to happiness.




29. I'm a woman who was raised to believe that you are not complete unless you have a man. Well, in some ways it's true. I am a feminist to a point. But I'm not going to deny the fact that I love to be with men.


30. I noted that people are happy here in India. When I went back home, people had everything in the materialistic sense and were surrounded with abundance, but they were not happy.

31. But it's, you know, it becomes - it's a narrower field as you get older and there are roles that come along and some of them are just not that good, so what's the point you know? That's kind of the way I look at it.


32. So each time you do a shift in your life, right, or you do a change in your life, then sometimes it feels like it's not gonna happen. And your career is not gonna do well. And the next thing you know is that these choices that you make actually catapult you to the next level.


33. When my mother was alive, I was the daughter first and everything else second…That's what made her death so painful. My mother was a big part of my life and a big reason why I did what I did. I've always derived a lot of energy from being a good daughter… When she was gone, I suddenly thought: "Why am I doing this? For whom?" Losing my mom was really hard on me. I remember going to the Academy Awards shortly after she died and thinking: "Well I'm all dressed up and my mother won't see me".

34. I got a heart tattooed on my foot. It's my first tattoo.






35. So maybe that's what the difference is, is that when you intend to be happy, then you figure out ways to sustain your happiness or your ability to feel moments of joy in your life.

36. My eyes are too big, my nose is too flat, my ears stick out, my mouth is too big and my face is too small…my body is thin as a clarinet and my ankles are so skinny that I wear two pairs of bobby socks because I don't want people to see how thin they are.


37. So, but I've always been very realistic about what it is when you're in the public eye.

38. It is not the question, what am I going to be when I grow up; you should ask the question, who am I going to be when I grow up.

39. That would be a drag, you know, so I love being where I am and who I am and how old I am. We have no choice.


40. During that period, I went into a period of depression. A fear and anxiety and non-specific anxiety attacks, of where I actually didn't know - I lost my smile, like I had to force it.




41. The whole purpose was not to make this book and tell any stories, do you know what I mean, or hide something about myself? I certainly didn't in the book do you know. I really faced certain things, which I believe obstacles can only be faced.


42. Why not just live in the moment, especially if it has a good beat?

43. Ditzy dumb blonde? I can be ditzy. I can be.

44. I became this, you know, the darling of the critics and the darling of the, you know, the tabloids and, you know. I knew, I even wrote in my diary at that time, you know this is so temporary that they build you up only to tear you down.


45. We can't hold on to our youth, but what you can hang on to is all the things we've been told a zillion times: You have to find the light in your life that you had when you were a little girl or little guy that made you happy.





46. We had both been married. I've been married twice. It didn't work. He was married once. That didn't work either. And, you know, we were at a time where we had kids and thought well, you know, what actually would it do to get married? I like being independent. I like being his girlfriend.


47. To find someone who loves your children like you do is really rare.




48. We hang out. We cook. We laugh. The kids play poker. I'm usually hovering, bringing something to the table. Chris will play the guitar. We just love being in each other's company.

49. All I ever wanted to be was happy.


50. We've created a union, a family and our lives are very secure.

51. Once you laugh at you own weaknesses, you can move forward. Comedy breaks down walls. It opens up people. If you're good, you can fill up those openings with something positive. Maybe…combat some the ugliness in the world.


52. What's important is to connect myself with people so we can share experiences together. It eliminates the veil of success.





53. I don't read my articles very much or stuff like that but I have read things upon occasion and some of it is true and some of it isn't true, you know.


54. My mother loved the Bible.

55. When I realized this fear, this uncertainty, this potential of dying, I guess I needed something greater to hold onto than what we can see, touch, and smell-and that was the spiritual aspect of God, the nature of God and his relationship to humans.

56. The key is to learn to respect and honor the complications of other people's lives.

57. I'm not afraid of my femininity and I'm not afraid of my sexuality.

58. I've come to believe that seeking happiness is not a frivolous pursuit. It's honorable and necessary. And most people forget even to think about it.


59. I practice Buddhist philosophy and contemplation but I don't know if I'm more of anything.






60. If we cultivate compassion for those who have hurt us, we have the possibility of overcoming our anger, pain, and fear. Compassion is a great medicine.


61. I mean I like cooking and being with my kids and, you know, all of this stuff and taking care of the home and, you know, men like to go do other things. It's normal. It's natural. But we're evolving.


What do you think of Goldie Hawn's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts