Carrie Underwood On "Sound Of Music" Backlash: "I Know I'm Not Julie Andrews"

Carrie Underwood is following in Julie Andrews' legendary footsteps when she portrays Maria von Trapp in NBC's upcoming live broadcast of "The Sound of Music", but not everyone is pleased with the epic production.

In fact, Underwood, 30, admits she has gotten a shocking amount of backlash over the project.


"I get hate tweets and stuff like: "You're not Julie Andrews!"" Carrie opened up in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.



Underwood continued: "I know I'm not Julie. Nobody is and I would never pretend that I was…I know my place."


As for Julie Andrews, she has given her blessing for Underwood to take on the iconic role.




A "making of" special broadcasts on Wednesday night, followed by a live cast performance on Thursday as part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

"The Sound Of Music: Live!" will air on the network on December 5.


Are you looking forward to watching Carrie Underwood in "The Sound of Music"?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts