Chris Hemsworth Quotes

1. I put on a lot of weight…I put on about 20 pounds at one point. It was purely eating, eating, eating, working out and working out, trying to sleep as much as you can…that's the other third of the equation. The eating was the biggest thing; since stopping shooting I probably work out the same but don't eat as much, and I've probably lost 15 pounds or something. Chicken breasts and protein shakes, boiled chicken, clean meats, the right carbs. Sickly stuff.


2. I love the adventure that comes with this work, the travel and all that. But also the craft, the storytelling. From a kid, I remember enjoying certain books and getting swept away in movies.


3. It is often difficult to watch yourself onscreen, especially 60-feet high. As an actor, it is an uncomfortable experience.




4. I put the costume on and said "It's not very comfortable, but it looks amazing," so it's all good.


5. It's all got to be lean muscle tissue so that means eating tons of lean protein and vegetables and brown rice and potatoes, but all very basic and simple. Getting into the gym six days a week. Then you've got to get the rest in because that's another part of the equation.

6. (on life in the Australian Outback) It's beautiful up there in the Northern Territory. My earliest memories are of buffalo and crocodiles. As a kid, you don't own a pair of shoes because it's too hot!

7. My younger brother Liam is in Year 10 and is doing an acting course.

8. Growing up I always loved films that transport you to another world and has things you never see in every day life.

9. My advice was to approach it the same way you approach anything else; don't get swept up in the size and scale of it all. You still want to be true to the story, your character and that's your job. It doesn't matter the budget. We bounce ideas around all the time about scripts and things; he's got his head on his shoulders, he's a level-headed guy and very talented. He'll have a great time.


10. It wasn't until "Thor" that I started lifting weights. It was all pretty new to me.





11. I have sporadic OCD cleaning moments around the house. But then I get lazy and I'm cured. It's a very inconsistent personality trait.


12. Not often do you approach a character where people know more about him than you do.




13. I love that Viking era, but also they're a fatalistic people and that dictated their fearlessness in battle and approach to life. The idea that everything was pre-ordained, that they had no choice in it so they might as well throw themselves in headfirst, that spoke volumes for who Thor was as a character.


14. In the beginning I had a bunch of Thor comics, and someone would give me a Thor doll as a joke, and a hammer, and I had all these things around my house. My manager gave me a record of the Thor soundtrack from years ago. And I'm like, wait a second; I'm playing this guy, I can't have all this around my house. I'll make a fool of myself. So I boxed it away and gave it to someone else.

15. Sometimes there is more exploration in the character for a villain.


16. As a kid, you run around the house pretending to be a superhero, and now to be doing it as a job, I feel very lucky.


17. My father and I are very similar and have a wonderful relationship, but we both stand by our opinions.


18. Ellen Pompeo from "Grey's Anatomy". She's gorgeous. I'd love to work with her one day.




19. I entered the work force cleaning breast pumps at a pharmacy! It was a part-time gig while I was at school…no interview required.


20. Working with Anthony Hopkins every day is a blessing.




21. I feel like I'm ready for any dangerous situation that might come my way, provided I have a hammer on me.

22. Whatever I've got in my cupboard, which usually isn't much! Most likely Vegemite and Saladas.


23. Well, I'll keep on auditioning and one day maybe I'll go to LA and try out for films there.






24. I'd like to think I'm a normal sort of guy, but go to my mum and she'll probably say: "You know, Chris was always the daughter out of my three boys."


25. Work all paled into the background as soon as I had a baby.

26. I'm busier than I've ever been, but you can go through the lists of people who are bang up there one minute, and then just disappear.

27. You come to America, and, if you do a big TV show, then you can be overexposed, or old, before you're new.


28. For three years, I had embarrassing haircuts.


29. You get the part, sign the contract and start to realize millions of people follow this guy and know more about your character than you do.

30. Strong female leads are important.


31. People who put themselves on the line and sacrifice their own safety for the greater good and for others, and anyone in any profession whose concern is the welfare for other people instead of the individual, are inspiring and important.

32. I almost feel more anxious lately about: "Here's your opportunity, now you've got to make something of it."






33. At home in Victoria, we have three dogs, Tosh and Lucy, they're half Blue Heelers, and then there's Torrin a little Maltese terrier. She gets more attention in the house than anyone else! Yes, I miss them a lot.


34. As kids, our experiences shape our opinions of ourselves and the world around us, and that's who we become as adults.





35. For whatever reason, we relate to anything godlike with an English accent. The English are very proud of that. And with anything Roman or gladiators, they have an English accent. For an audience, it is an easy trick to hook people in.


36. Being a superhero is a lot of fun.








37. I actually find it harder to act in the scenes where there's not much happening, say having a milkshake in the diner. That is far harder to do than straight scenes where there's a drama going on and you have something to do.


38. It was like being on a holiday at first, but as time has gone by I've settled in more to Sydney, but Melbourne will always be home.






39. My dad works in child protection and he's spent many, many years in that line of work.

40. You have the massive world that was created by Marvel, and then you have these very intimate actors around you. There was as much character work on this as there would be on a little independent film. So, I felt very fortunate in that sense.


41. Eating when you're not hungry and taking in that amount of food is exhausting.







42. I went from sort of trying to get work to all of a sudden being signed up for the next few years on something, and something of this scale with some of the best people in the business involved, acting and directing. It was a dream.


43. I have seen "Thor", yeah. It's fantastic. Being that close to something, it's often pretty hard to watch yourself, but the film in so many ways is so impressive that I was swept along with it like an audience member, and that's a pretty good sign.





44. My mum always used to say to me that, out of her three boys, Chris, you were the girl. I'd speak to her about far more things than (my brothers) would and far more things than she needed to hear about, too. I was a chatty kid.


45. Growing up, my parents were my heroes, in the way they conducted their lives.

46. As a kid, I loved any fantasy.

47. (on his character in the Aussie soap opera "Home and Away") My character had two different wives and three kids, was in a car crash, a helicopter crash, and a fire, and had a drug problem. It was a tough stage.

48. Audiences aren't silly; Can't trick them to believe that something CG is actually the real thing.


49. Having a director who is also an actor makes for that very relaxed way of working and it's empowering.





50. I grew up in a household with two brothers and we lived in the bush. We were constantly building weapons and forts and things. But I didn't set out to be an action hero.


51. Thor's sense of adventure, his physicality and his relish in battle. There's a sort of berserker quality, but you can also see that he loves this, this is fun for him. This is as good as going for a surf or playing baseball on the weekends for him. And that was really fun to play with, and I look forward to seeing it on the big screen.




52. The more conflict and contrast you have with a character makes it more interesting.


53. I'm not into watching stuff I did last week, let alone three or four years ago.







54. I've done more stupid things, like "borrowing" a golf cart and rolling it through a trailer park on New Year's Eve.


What do you think of Chris Hemsworth's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts