Lily Allen Quotes

1. I've actually broken up with boyfriends for inspiration. When I hit a period of not being able to write music, I get up and I walk away. It's pretty mean, but it's true.


2. Lady Gaga is good, but she's a new artist, Britney Spears is a legend. They are two different artists, two forms of entertainment but very different, it's like comparing Picasso to Dali.


3. I just felt like I couldn't deal with the everyday responsibilities of life, paying bills and all of that. I'm terrible at all of that. So I knew I had to make enough money to pay someone else to deal with all of that.


4. I have Katy Perry's number, someone did me a favor. I'm just waiting for her to open her mouth one more time and then it hits Facebook.

5. I'm setting up a record label and a music charity and website and I'm also doing a vintage clothes shop with my sister, it's amazing stuff that would be really expensive but we're renting it out for a fraction of the price, so girls can come and get dressed up for a night out and have a laugh!


6. You can not compare Britney with Lady Gaga, Why? You are putting Lady Gaga at the same level of Britney Spears? I really cannot believe it.

7. I don't care what people think of me now, so why would I care when I'm dead?

8. I'm still writing songs all the time and I won't be writing just for myself anymore. I want to write for Lady Gaga.

9. I studied voice when I was at school, and I was in the chamber choir, and I studied music theory as well, so I guess a lot of it came from being taught at school.


10. I'm going to be writing to British artists, saying just this: File sharing's not OK for British music. We need to find new ways to help consumers access and buy music legally, but saying file sharing's fine is not helping anyone - and definitely not helping British music.

11. I don't really see how any song can not feel contrived if it isn't honest, and how could I write honest songs if I don't write about stuff going on in my life and how I'm feeling?




12. I'd like to dedicate this next song ("F**k You") to someone. David Cameron.


13. Losing the baby hit me like a house collapsing, it was awful. It hit me when the baby's due date came around.

14. It feels really weird to be playing to an English crowd, it's making me feel really nervous. It's making my voice go all wobbly.



15. (on Courtney Love) As a rule I don't pick on crazy old ladies.


16. I think of myself as quite a confused kind of person, because I think there's so many great things about the world, but there are so many awful things too. I feel very guilty a lot of the time about enjoying my life so much when there are people living in such misery.

17. I think I might try and get into cricket commentary once I've finished singing.


18. I refuse to put make-up on just because the paparazzi are on my doorstep. I find it morally wrong.



19. Education is great for some people, but for me it just wasn't.

20. Perez Hilton is an irritating wasp in the beautiful rose garden that is my life.


21. (on Cheryl Cole) I must say that taking your clothes off, doing sexy dancing and marrying a rich footballer must be very gratifying, your mother must be so proud, stupid b*tch.


22. I'm opinionated, but I'm not a vindictive person and I never say anything unprovoked, either.



23. I think as long as you're not being malicious and you're not hurting people then you should not be ashamed of what you do.


24. I wasn't into anything at school. I used to get really embarrassed. I used to get asked to do performing things, and I'd go to all the rehearsals, and then I'd pretend to be ill on the day I had to actually perform. I was very unhappy at school.

25. But Dad and I are the only father-and-daughter acts who have both had No. 1 songs in England.




26. I think the whole, like, cultural diversity and the arty side of London is really, really great. And how it's so historic as well.


27. I find it's a weird world that we live in. I'm the worst culprit. I'm a total victim to material things. But you don't forget, because you're consuming at that rate and people are directly suffering as a result.


28. I had no idea who this Justin Bieber person was, just found out he's that kid that's always on the TV when I'm in the gym. He's about 5 right?


29. I'm really convinced I'm not talented at all, and I'm sure that people are just about to figure that out.






30. If someone comes up with a burnt copy of my CD and offers it to you for, I haven't a problem with that as long as the person buying it places some kind do of value on my music.


31. I'm full of self-loathing, self-hatred. I don't think anything I do is good. Ever.

32. I'm just not a private person. It's not like I do things because I want things to be public; it's just that's my way of expressing myself, and I happen to be very famous.

33. As for drugs, it annoys me that people think it's the worst thing in the world compared with, say, not paying your taxes. If you don't pay tax, you may be stealing from someone who needs an operation. As for me and drugs or alcohol: No thanks, I'm abstaining for a while.


34. I love vintage clothing and I felt like we could highlight how brilliant vintage shopping can be. Neither myself nor my sister are designers, but we love fashion and working with vintage allows us to be creative and as involved with the clothes as we can be.

35. People think it's amazing being a pop star, but for all the good things that happen, you end up getting burnt, sad and losing a sense of who you are.



36. I think I'm like Marmite; you either love me or you hate me.


37. Of course I want to get married but having a baby with someone is way more important and were both really excited. The idea was to get Lucy up and running and then get pregnant but it all happened at once. I cant say this isn't terrifying because I'm taking a massive risk. I'm turning away from something and focusing on Sam, my baby and my business but that's what I want.

38. I've always listened to music, since I was really, really young.


39. I'm like a gay man in a woman's body!

40. I still think I'm fat. Right now I'm worrying about how I'm going to lose weight after the pregnancy. I feel like an elephant, but I do get the occasional sexy pregnant day where I think I look great.


41. I don't see myself as a role model; people should look to mothers and sisters as role models.




42. When a music teacher that I had at school was taken ill and we had a variety show and I had to fill in - that's when I realized I had a voice.


43. I hope in a years time I'm not gonna be asked to awards and I won't be nominated because I haven't put anything out there. And hopefully I can fade into oblivion.




44. Sometimes I wish I was just a girl in an indie band. I could dance around on stage and it wouldn't be so much about me.


45. It'll be a minimum of four or five years before I make a record again. I know what commitment it takes to release an album. I don't think that mixes well with the idea of settling down and having children, which is ultimately my goal and more of a priority than flying around the world.


46. I like to be able to get up and go and buy a pint of milk without bumping into 20 people I know.


47. It's difficult as a woman who wants a family. Kids take up your whole life, particularly in the first two or three years. So it wouldn't be very responsible of me to commit to doing a world tour if I had a baby. I don't think I'm that young to have a baby. My mother had me when she was 23.

48. Yeah, I was a florist. I went to floristry school.


49. I got a BRIT Award recently. And that was something four years ago that I would have died for. But when I finally got that award it meant absolutely nothing to me. Because I now know that The BRIT Awards is a TV show. Record company executives make deals with a TV channel and the producers about who wins what award in exchange for performance time. So it's just become a non-award, like "thank you for this."


50. You have to be in love with yourself before anyone else can fall in love with you; to be happy with yourself.


51. I've had enough of being me. I've had enough of being Lily Allen, I want to be me now. Whatever situation I'm in, whether it's going to the supermarket, the pub or a club, or in the back of a cab, people think they know me. And the reality is they don't. Lily Allen is a character I have no control over. I've got nothing to do with it except my face is the one that goes with it.


52. It's been a busy year but it's been brilliant. When you start out you start on a small stage that is barely big enough to have all of your instruments on but as your career gets bigger, so does the stage and there's more space to fill. What has happened to me has been amazing. But I don't let it go to my head.


53. Cheryl (Cole), if you're reading this, I may not be as pretty as you but at least I write and SING my own songs without the aid of Auto-Tune.

54. I never go out to be photographed, never. I go to events because they're fun.

55. Because of piracy there has been a massive downturn in people buying music, which makes it more difficult for artists to make money from the sale of records.


56. I love MySpace; it's done an amazing job for me and it's been insane over the past couple of weeks, but I'm not a poster girl for them.




57. I hang out with models, the biggest pop stars and, you know, really and honestly, I hate saying this, but none of them are achieving those body shapes by being healthy.

58. I'm not a careerist, what I really want is to be a mum. I am driven, but that drive goes as far as keeping a roof over my head and having a routine. I have been in a relationship for six or seven months now and it's going really well so why not.


What do you think of Lily Allen's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts