Macklemore Pays Tribute To Trayvon Martin At AMAs (Acceptance Speech)

Macklemore paid tribute to Trayvon Martin and called for the end of racial profiling on his acceptance speech at Sunday's American Music Awards.


Alongside performing partner Ryan Lewis, Macklemore, 30, was shown on screen via satellite in Florida after winning Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop album for The Heist and claimed since he was "sitting here in front of millions of people, I'd like to address something extremely important to me."


Macklemore continued: "I was talking to my friend…before the show and he reminded me of a great Martin Luther King quote. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." And due to the fact that we are in Florida tonight accepting this award, I want to acknowledge Trayvon Martin and the hundreds and hundreds of kids that are dying due to racial profiling and the violence that follows it", adding: "This is really happening. Our friends, our neighbors, our peers, our fans, and it's time that we look out for the youth, and fight against racism and the laws that protect it".


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts