Sam Worthington Quotes

1. For Titans I had to learn to use a sword and shield which I thought would be easy…then I got covered in cuts and realized it's a lot harder than that.


2. The upside is that it's very well ventilated. Look, Russell Crowe wore one for "Gladiator", Eric Bana wore one for "Troy", Mel Gibson wore one for "Braveheart". I think it was the next logical step in my career. I think it's something every young Australian actor has to do, isn’t it? You earn your chops for putting on the dress.



3. You help families focus on the future through their children.


4. The ones they gave me made me look like a hobgoblin. Jennifer Lopez would have tripped on them, and I would probably have fallen off the stage and ripped her dress. It would have been ridiculous, so I just kind of went with what was comfortable. I bought a pair of red ones for a few bucks at Payless, which was the closest store. I didn’t give a crap how they looked because they were comfy. But I guess the word spread, which is kind of cool. They sold every red pair they had. Now I guess I'm kind of the Payless poster boy.

5. Get up in the morning, go to work, make the boss happy.

6. I've done that every time. It's just for good luck really and mainly little things. It depends on the film. If there's a specific thing that I'm attached to or that I sort of identify that project with, I steal it.


7. To supply people for ages in camps makes no sense…you have to rebuild that cabana that they rent out to tourists on the weekend. They need help getting their fields repaired and their boats repaired.

8. I went for it the first time but I don't think I'm what they are looking for. I grew up with James Bond and it's such an amazing character but I don't think that will ever happen for me now - no matter how good I look in a white tuxedo!


9. I like room service. They put a chocolate on my pillow. It's kinda cool.








10. I've lost love. I've tried to reclaim a lost love and didn't know how to do it.

11. Well, I think the world changes around you - I think you don't change. That's as simple as that. I think if I changed, my mates are going to kick me in the ass. I'm 32 years old. If I was 22, it probably could go to your head, but as far as I'm concerned, as long as it doesn't affect my work and I can keep producing a quality that gets you the work with the likes of James Cameron and McG, then I'm doing okay.


12. (on getting married) Noooo. Nah, man, we're just enjoying the run.

13. A lot of these people were getting to where they didn't need help anymore. You have to start all over again.


14. I would be the simple fisherman in Perseus village. He lives a quiet life, brings in crab pots and is extremely happy.



15. I also care that the public are getting their 12 dollars worth when they go to a movie, and that they're not coming out not wanting to ever see a movie with me in it again. I don't care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work, and whether I'm investing enough into it.


16. A mate of mine told me recently: "It's the first time I've seen you work, Worthington." I thought that was quite funny, but he was right.




17. I like to play board games a lot with my girl, things like that. We attempt to cook. And even if it goes wrong, it doesn't matter because it's the time you spend doing it that's 

important.


18. Hopefully I'm bringing more complexity to it than Jean-Claude Van Damme does. No offense to the dude.


19. (on how he and girlfriend Natalie Mark are dealing with their new found fame) She didn't ask for this kind of life. She's been thrown in the deep end and she handles it the best that she can. She gets nervous, but I think she does good.

20. I didn't set out to be famous; if I'd wanted that, I would have gone on "Big Brother."


21. My mate bought a bicycle for me because he said it's easier to get around L.A, especially the way I drive. So I ride around like the witch in the "Wizard of Oz" with a basket on the front. It's pretty funny.


22. I don't care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work, and whether I'm investing enough into it.


23. Oh, isn't it cool? It's so cool being an actor! It's so cool having my face on a bus. That's bullshit. I hate people like that.



24. I'm not a very good bicycle rider either. I fall off. I don't recommend everybody does it.


25. Titans made a lot of money. A lot of people went and saw it. We've just got to make it right. I've just finished that. I loved it! I loved that experience. Clash 2 is so different, It was a different experience for me because I'd learned a lot from Clash 1, and I'd learned a lot from other movies. I can't wait for that to come out.



26. (on injuring himself while filming in movies like "Terminator: Salvation", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans") All I seem to get is running and yelling and falling over and getting bashed up. You name it, I've done it and have the scars to prove it.


27. I love my job; I love the world that it is. But I don't want someone who is just in love with that world. I want to be with someone who is in love with me, warts and all.



28. Most actors go: "I read the script and fell in love with it"; I fall in love with the directors.


29. I'm still yelling and screaming and don't know what the f... I'm doing, but at least I'm now standing up for myself a bit more.

30. I'm still a very boisterous young man. And I swear a bit more than I should. So I'm learning to temper it.


31. It was some s…t, f… bulls...t, that. It was the most drunkest movie I've ever done in my life.




32. I didn't set out into this profession to become a star, but the ascent has been very rapid and I'm still pinching myself. I was at the Oscars with Jennifer Lopez and I felt like I was in a dream. But you just try to keep grounded.

33. Aussie actors take fifteen hours to get to America - we ain't going to waste our f... time and money. And that means we're not going to waste their time.


34. I'm not a great fan of people who say they put a sheet up in the backyard when they were 7 and entertained all the neighbors. When I was 7, I thought I was a f***ing fire truck. Growing up, you tended to just go through school to get out, then figured out what you want to do in this big ball of mud.

35. In the movies, they make you look good and tough, but in real life, it's completely the opposite. I do these ueber roles, I think, because in real life I'm quite shy and reserved. In real life, I'm a dork.

36. (on why he told Lethal Weapon 2 was his favorite movie) I said: "Look, if I can have half as much fun as those boys and get paid to do what they're doing - that's pretty cool."


37. I had a guy come up to me once and say: "You suck! The last movie you did was terrible". So I said: "Thanks very much mate, do you have any advice for me?" And he goes: "Yeah, give up acting." So now I would like to say to him, thanks very much. I'm so glad I didn't listen to you!


38. That, to me, is what it's all about, man - you kick down the door and then you let all your mates in.

39. (on acting in the "Clash of the Titans") Wearing a leather skirt is a lot harder than it sounds. It flies up all the time so a lot of the shots get ruined because they don't want to show your cheeks.

40. I said to Christian (Bale)...I'm waiting for my tirades to come out. Or me on the toilet. Either way, it's going to be on YouTube.


41. It's the good thing about being Australian, I think. We have a sensibility to keep our feet on the deck. All the tinsel of Tinseltown doesn't really bother me.




42. Everyone on set to the mickey out of me because they made out I was such a tough guy and then I broke my pinky. Three times. The same damn finger.


43. (on James Cameron) I know he's nutting out like a bible at the minute. Sort of like a precursor of Avatar to just get himself back into the world and the mindset and the characters. That's how he works, it's very detailed and very weighty. But the story arc is huge. It's going to be amazing. I've talked to him, he's told me what his plans for the story are and it's huge. But he's not going to start until he raises the bar for himself, and he's in no rush.

44. People care and are willing to help me out my desperate circumstances.


45. When I was in my 20s, I thought I knew who I was. And then as soon as I turned 30, I realized that person has bruises and bumps and dark parts. And you kind of go, well, that's it. I'd rather embrace it than force myself to change.

46. My mate bought a bicycle for me because he said it's easier to get around L.A, especially the way I drive. So I ride around like the witch in the "Wizard of Oz" with a basket on the front. It's pretty.



47. It was all crooked. They all stopped when they realized I'd really hurt myself though.


48. The thing is the first film we got criticized a lot for, but now the good thing about the sequel is that we are not beholden to an original story and we can learn from the mistakes of the first and hopefully improve on it. I mean there is a surprise that we are making a sequel because of the critical drubbing.

49. I don't think I could take on any of my fellow Aussies in an action movie. Russell was in "Cinderella Man" so he knows what he is doing and knows how to handle himself. So he would be top of the bunch. I am a pussycat in comparison. I think I would suffer greatly.


What do you think of Sam Worthington's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts