Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway And Jessica Chastain Pose For New "THR" Cover

Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain pose for a group photo with director Christopher Nolan while promoting their upcoming film "Interstellar" on the latest cover of The Hollywood Reporter.

The three actors opened up about whether the highly-anticipated movie changed any of their feelings, philosophically or religiously:


Matthew McConaughey: "It opened my view a little bit. My views of what's out there expanded for me after doing this film called "Contact" (1997). Carl Sagan: to hear him speak for four hours. I've always been someone who didn't go to see sci-fi films; I didn't read sci-fi books as a child. And my thoughts were always (about) what's tangible, what we have right here, maybe what's beneath the sea, but I was never looking out there. That always was sort of an unknown. "Oh, don't worry about that; it's not attainable."

Anne Hathaway: "I think (this) affirmed certain things about the interconnectivity of things. About trusting others and the meaning behind things, even if it doesn't make sense, even if it hurts. Over the long, infinite arc of time, things tend to happen as they should and they usually find their place, their slot".

Jessica Chastain: "It also coincided with this idea that I believe that we're all connected. Not just in this moment but in every moment. So as I was wrapping my head around the science of the film, I was incredibly moved by the human component of the film, and definitely it coincided with my spiritual beliefs".


For more on "Interstellar", check out HollywoodReporter.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts