Simon Le Bon Quotes

1. I succumbed to hedonism.  



2. It's pathetic to have regrets about fashion. Things to do with my life, yes, I have regrets there.

3. My kids love vinyl, I had to teach them how to put the needle on the records. 


4. I've always rather fancied John. We're much more into each other. Now they're worried about scratching the records, but it's incredible!

5. I think repeating yourself is a sign of old age, telling the same joke again and again. Especially if they're jokes that don't make people laugh.


6. I'm not a snob. Ask anybody. Well, anybody who matters.


7. We were five heterosexual, good-looking men. We competed against each other for the sexiest girls...I won.

8. Sex is by far and away much more interesting than cards or video games.


9. Music is not supposed to be nationalist. It is supposed to surpass language barriers. It is about generations communicating with each other.


10. It worried me when Britney snogged Madonna. It looked a bit fake. It screamed "We're in this for the money."


11. You're starting to see new record companies and business models taking shape, but it takes time.

12. After a foreign invasion, there has to be a sort of feeling of musical inadequacy in the country.


13. I'd spent my entire teenage years suffering one unrequited love affair after the other. I was so shy I couldn't even talk to girls. If I fancied them, I'd follow them home, but I didn't have the guts to approach them. I was a teenage stalker. The same went for John. The first time I saw him he was this geek with nicotine-stained fingers, trembling with fear at the prospect of having to meet people. And his name wasn't even John. It was Nigel. He was a Nigel with glasses, poor sod. I remember staring at his face and slowly realizing that he was rather beautiful, exquisite in fact. I mean, this was the best looking guy I'd seen in years, maybe my whole life. Losing his glasses and changing his name to John was the best thing he ever did. He was a man transformed. To see him in action was incredible. He could charm the knickers off anyone.

14. Digital music boils down the actual musical experience.


15. I have very strange dreams, especially when I'm traveling. I had one recently that someone was sending me messages by spider. A spider would crawl up my right arm, go across my shoulders and down my left arm and then I'd understand the message. The messages came from my right hand - they were really stupid. I don't think it'll catch on.

16. Meeting Andy Warhol…cool, great…but it wasn't like someone giving me a Ferrari or anything.


17. That was the whole point in forming a band. Girls. Absolutely gorgeous girls.

18. (on getting Yasmin's number from a fellow model) It was a really rock star thing to do.

19. I feel sorry for the '90s, because it was never able to be anything much more than the hangover to the party that was the '80s.

20. There's no question that a vinyl record is a lot nicer than a CD. It's nicer to hold in your hands, you can do more with it.


21. (on "Do They Know It's Christmas?") I had Sting standing next to me when I recorded my bit and rather than make me feel nervous and uncomfortable, I took great comfort from that. I was very proud to be on a microphone next to Sting, I really was.




22. We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops.

23. I've got three kids, and those are mouths to feed.


What do you think of Simon Le Bon's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts