Chrissy Amphlett Quotes

1. (on multiple sclerosis) I just thought it was dehydration and then it didn't happen for a while. Then the next time, during the Boy From Oz, one of my legs in the last dream scene would start to wobble. There were these bits and pieces in between, little moments, falling over in restaurants.


2. Unfortunately the last 18 months have been a real challenge for me having breast cancer and multiple sclerosis and all the new places that will take you. You become sadly a patient in a world of waiting rooms, waiting sometimes hours for a result or an appointment. You spend a lot time in cold machines…hospital beds, on your knees praying for miracles, operating rooms, tests after tests, looking at healthy people skip down the street like you once did and you took it all for granted and now wish you could do that. I have not stopped singing throughout all this in my dreams and to be once again performing and doing what I love to do.


3. (on what she told her husband when she found out about her disease) I said: "If you want to divorce me you can now because I don't want you to waste your life". I felt all those things and I didn't want to be a burden. He said: "Chrissie, this is life and life happens".



4. (on multiple sclerosis) We still don't know how you get it, they say you get it by something, some virus, outside ourselves…but I have a predisposition obviously.


5. (on multiple sclerosis) Where I think it began, when I was doing the "Boy From Oz", when I would hit that last note of Judy Garland, my leg would start to shake and I just thought it was nerves. It wasn't until about 2005, I was walking along the street, I was walking along 19th Street. It was very hot and I couldn't walk. All of a sudden my body shut down and I couldn't - I had a lot of trouble putting one leg in front of the other.





6. (on multiple sclerosis) It's not a life sentence and I've learnt a lot. The self image thing has been a little bit difficult to deal with, in that I'm not perfect.


7. I felt very vulnerable singing: "I'm through hanging around all of the boys in town." It was difficult for me. I couldn't stand there and sing them. I felt I wasn't being interesting. I wanted to also perform and entertain or transport people also. I wanted other levels. So I went out and got a school uniform and probably Vince got suspenders and stockings. That freed me and then everything changed. With watching everybody's reaction, all the men around me and everything, because there were all of these contradictions going on, it just made me angrier. I think I was angry because I didn't want them to think I'm a pushover or I'm submissive because I've got these suspenders on and that I'm a slut, basically.


8. (on multiple sclerosis) Some days I can't get out of bed.



9. (on multiple sclerosis) Sometimes you get pretty down. Sometimes you think, well, it's better off me being dead than going through this. I mean, it really gets you down.



10. (on her big hit "I Touch Myself") Everybody has always seen it in one way, but I see the beauty of this song. It's about both of those sides, our higher self and our lower self and our sexuality and everything.



11. (on multiple sclerosis) I was very angry. I was terrified because there's no road map. There's no predictability. You are living with uncertainty. The only certainty is uncertainty.


12. (about what it's like to be on stage and have a crowed roaring at her feet) It's incredible and you fell very powerful. You can get a bit of a big head.





13. There's plenty of people that have not lived the life I have lived that have multiple sclerosis.


What do you think of Chrissy Amphlett's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts